Friday, March 13, 2009

Menu for Wednesday, March 25

This post will be updated in the future so please be prepared to refer back to it

This will be the first 'formal' dinner for the Freeway Food Club. At the dinner - since everyone will be together for the first time I will probably make a point on discussing with those involved the regularity and the price of the meals. For now I believe that the following menu will be well within a $10 dollar price range for a party of six:

  1. Focaccia
  2. Frittata al Formaggio
  3. Cheese Frittata
  4. Pasta e ceci
  5. Pasta & Chick Pea soup
  6. Risotto alla Paesanna
  7. Risotto with fresh vegetables
  8. Arista alla Fiorentina
  9. Florentine Roast Pork
  10. Sformato di Finocchi
  11. Fennel Mould
  12. Ricotta alla Mentuccia
  13. Ricotta with mint
  14. Coffee & Cantucci di Prato

I have made this all happen for 64.98 - so I assumed things were a little cheaper than they were; the price will be brought into question concerning the future.

This is obviously a very Italian listing of courses (which is what I am most comfortable with right now) so they should fit pretty nicely together. Since this club isn't officially started I want to point out that it is an opportunity for people who are both interested in cooking and eating to further their horizons and learn new things - be they cooking procedures or tastes & flavors that you might ordinarily shun. Above all I hope that the experience will be enjoyable and encourage those involved to give input from this point onwards into the courses and cuisines in the future.

Additionally I will be bringing my camera and trying to keep up with what is going on - part of the reason that I want to do this is to allow people to see not only what I am learning but also how I am applying it. After each dinner it will be my intent to post exactly what happened with detailed pictures to fill in all those not involved and make them envious.

For this dinner I will do the prep the night before - there isn't actually that much - and come over early to start preparing it on Wednesday (1 o'clock), with those who are interested/available in helping. Those in attendance are:

  • Myself
  • Eric
  • Laura
  • Lowell
  • Miki
  • Zhu Zhu

Dinner will start at 8:30 pm.

4 comments:

  1. not enough political intrigue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was expecting a little more in the drama department as well.. Anyways so far, looks de-lish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More political intrigue to come! There could be drama - intriguing disappearances - murder! Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks gooood! I'll let you know if I am working that wednesday or not!

    ReplyDelete