Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Monday, June 15th

A Summer listing ($12)

  • Purée of English Pea Soup with White Truffle Oil and Parmesan Crisps
  • Served cold
  • Salad of: Tomatoes, Avocado, Asparagus, Scapes, Cilantro, Balsamic Reduction and Parsley Oil
  • Rib-eye Steaks with Rice and Sautéed Spinach on Sauce Bordelaise
  • Salad of Fresh and Candied fruits

Because of my annoyance with the presentation that I've not managed at any of the dinners yet, I feel the need to cut down on the volume of courses and focus a little on how they look. Also I'm feeling lazy - and can't come up with a second listing that isn't particularly contrived feeling to me. Also, additionally, I think that this listing smacks of early summer.

10 comments:

  1. but there are no numbers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the steak dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for voting for food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let y'all know I'll be bringing a friend along. Her name's Thea and she loves artery-clogging stuff as much as I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This stuff isn't as artery clogging as usual, unfortunately - I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do we get to request recipes? If so, I want the soup, please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. -3 1/2 cups english peas (shucked - 3lbs in the shell) blanch until tender in a large pot (7 qts water + 1 cup sugar) in small batches, then chill in an ice bath
    -1/4 cup water
    -1/4-1/2 cup vegetable stock, mix in blender with peas and some water (to texture) and blend till smooth. Force through a fine mesh strainer or tamis.
    1/4 cup white truffle oil, mix in after you've strained the soup
    -salt and white pepper to taste
    -top with parmesan crisps

    consequently I would also recommend buying the French Laundry Cookbook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Additionally English Peas are an early summer thing, so either you get them now or wait till next year - as the season wears on the flavor of the peas will wane.

    ReplyDelete