Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dinner - Monday, June 29th

As I have said before, when I move I will be requesting the money to be mailed to me postmarked five days in advance of the dinner - and as that is in effect now, the two-thirds mark-up for unexpected visitors will also be in effect. Please send some form of currency to:
Greg Boyer
5570 20th Ave S
Seattle, Wa 98108
Also, I will not have mail forwarded to that address until the 22nd of June so don't send it before then.

prices are based on ten people being present - I am willing to cook for up to twelve at this juncture so if you would like to invite someone and let me know ahead of time, feel free.

Option #1 ($14)

  • Caesar Salad
  • Crostini with Parmesan spread and salad
  • Fava Bean Soup
  • Pollo al'Arancia
  • Chicken with an orange-cream (barely) sauce served with polenta
  • Parmigiano Reggiano with Porcini Oil & Honey
  • Fried Mango and Ice cream
  • Vanilla ice cream on fried mango with porcini-truffle oil and twelve year old balsamic

Option #2 ($15.50)

  • Amuse Bouche
  • Mushroom Stuffed Breads
    Olive Stuffed Breads
    Court Bouillon Poached Shrimp with Avocado Salsa
    Courgette Croquettes
  • Gazpacho Shots
  • Roasted Aubergine
  • Eggplant stuffed with sausage, sweet bell peppers & rice
  • Creamed Chevre
  • Drizzled with honey and Balsamic Reduction
  • "Banana Split"
  • Bananas with roasted figs and Mascarpone sorbet drizzled with apple-pomegranate reduction

7 comments:

  1. Number 2.

    I may be able to come early to help prep by that point. Once I am an independently working tech, I can make my own hours, but right now I'm still learning the lab.

    Give me a call if you want late night Sunday help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Option 2.

    If you need Sunday prep help, give me a call or leave me a message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you realize that I don't get off work until about eleven o'clock on Sundays, so prep wouldn't even start till about twelve at night... but I'll give you a call if you really want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite the fact that I dislike bannans I want #2, I'd even try the bannans, you have made rasins taste good for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for #1, but I'm obviously outnumbered.

    BTW, I'm not sure how much longer I can continue to attend these dinners...I have a 7:30 class starting next Monday, and I have evening clinicals in the fall. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Despite working 9-5 now, I have re-trained my sleep schedule to conform to Cydonia's nerd hours of going to bed at 3am. You can call Sunday if there is much work to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be there a bit late, closer to 8. I vote for Option 1, Look forward to it! Steve Dunne (the new guy).

    ReplyDelete