Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dinner - Monday, October 19th

Option #2

In the spirit of me doing things that I want to do because I can, or at least think that I can - I have sort of bit off a really big chunk of things that I would like to see, and in fact there were so many things that I wanted to see that I wrote two menus both of which are ridiculously exciting sounding to me, involving all sorts of complex techniques and preparations that will take me the better part of a week to do, which might be fun... The menus are a little bit more expensive than usual and I probably over-estimated the costs involved (but don't count on it) - so if I did I will tell you total cost at the dinner, but prepare for the worst. Because of the nature of the preparation for option #2 I will need to know the vote within the next couple of days otherwise I won't be able to get the pigs head in time.

Option #1 ($23 per person)

  • Escargot Sur un Champ Vert
  • White Truffle Oil-Infused Custards with Black Truffle Ragout
  • Carrot Soup
  • Soft Polenta with Forest Mushrooms
  • Pot-Au-Feu
  • Braised prime beef short ribs with root vegetables & sauteed marrow
  • Indeterminate Cheese
  • Nectarine Salad with Green Tomato Confiture & Hazelnut Sabayon

Option #2 ($21 per person)

  • Kamumoto Oysters with Blood Orange Aspic
  • Seafood Bisque
  • Salmon "Chops" with Celery and Black Truffles
  • Head to Toe
  • Head Cheese with sauce gribiche & sweetbread stuffed trotters on green lentils
  • Pomegranate Juice with Cloves
  • Ashed Chevreaux* with Slow-Roasted Yellow & Red Beets with Red Beet Vinaigrette
  • *Or suitable substitute
  • Cream of Walnut Soup

4 comments:

  1. Oysters! You know people who sells pig's head? Talk to Sea Breeze Farm (from Vashon). I see them on Saturdays at the Farmer's market. They are super nice folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will vote for adventure, and #2, mostly because dad hatred of head cheese makes me want to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I've been wanting to try head cheese for a long, long time. #2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm voting for Oysters and Adventure, but oh #1 sounds amazing too...amazing enough for me to want to be contrary even though it would be somewhat futile :)

    ReplyDelete