Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Monday, June 1st

Option #1 it is then


Option #1 ($12)

  • Seafood Bisque
  • Avocado, Shrimp and Arugula Poêlée
  • Pan fried avocados, shrimp and greens
  • Truite au Jambon de Bayonne
  • Golden trout sautéed with cured ham and served with lentils
  • Camembert with Apricots
  • served with bread
  • Vanilla Bean-Roasted Figs with Honey-Vanilla Ice Cream

Option #2 ($18)

  • Escargots Sur Un Champ Vert
  • Snails on a green field of parsley
  • Saumon Lardé Au Raifort and La Truffade
  • Salmon with Bacon and Horseradish and potato cake with cheese and bacon
  • Gougères
  • Cheese puffs
  • Fruit Flambé

10 comments:

  1. maybe I just want a damn grilled cheese sandwich.

    related: when you come to boston you are going to the friendly toast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flambe or fig ice cream.....?

    so torn.

    Mind if I invite a friend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love seafood, I vote for #1.

    "The Fish that Looks Best" kinda reminds me of a dish Wes had at the Indian Wells Grand Hyatt called "Two Fish that Used to Swim."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all about #1. Camembert with Apricots? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grill cheese sandwiches can't happen till I have a mixer - they're too hard (I'm serious - and they are some rediculously tasty grill cheeses, let me tell you).

    What it should of reminded you of, Lydia is Candide. Oh, what? You haven't read Candide? Go do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Ice cream is honey-vanilla Zhu Zhu, the figs are figs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Option 1, not that it really matters at this point. And I will be there. Probably some time after 3:00.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candide by Voltaire? I thought it was the most widely read of his works. Though I admit, it's been a while since I've read it and I'm not getting the reference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Candide lived in the best possible castle, in the best possible kingdom with the best possible people at the best possible time in history. It was on of the common philosophies of the time that Candide was written and Voltaire was criticizing it through the teacher that Candide was taught by when he grew up.

    ReplyDelete