Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dinner - Wednesday, May 5th

Formal Wear!

I was at work today, and a group of people were talking about the tapas that we serve, mainly about the hummus ravioli; ultimately the only reason they didn't order them, I think, is because you can buy ravioli in the supermarket for much less. At first I thought it was pretty silly, but then I thought along what I assume was their train of thought - which is that ravioli is ravioli and it's all more or less the same. In my mind I started to list all of the different things that I could think to stuff ravioli with, which ultimately led me to this dinners dessert which I had struggled with earlier and still could not figure out for the life of me. So a big thanks to the group of Indians that didn't understand what makes ravioli unique and delicious in so many different ways: creativity.

Yes, this is largely a dinner of meats - hopefully very delicious meats that we finally get to celebrate the passing of Lent with, albeit somewhat belatedly. I promise that the next one will be somewhat cheaper, but everyone was begging for the cheese dinner (yes,I know - I over exaggerate) and this was the logical follow up for Lent so I'm following through with it.

($18 per person)

  • Shrimp Amuse
  • Pineapple-Cilantro Vinaigrette, Papaya, Red Pepper-Avocado Salsa
    Domaine Sorin Rosé Côtes De Provence, 2009

  • 3 Variations of Tenderloin
  • Tartare, Carpaccio & Salad, Seared with Mushroom
    Morgon (Rhõne), 2008

  • Carrot Ginger Soup

  • Duck Breast
  • Orange-Almond Mousse, Aigre Duex, Crispy Skin
    Vouvray Domaine de la Fontainerie, 2007

  • Confit of Lamb Leg
  • Garlic, Rosemary, Hard Polenta, Canellinni
    Nebbiolo Perbacco Vietti, 2006

  • Winnimere, Jasper Hill Farm
    Raw Cow's Milk, Greensboro, Vt
    Willi Shchaefer Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Kabinett, 2007

  • Strawberry-Ricotta Agnolloti
  • Balsamic, Strawberry Sorbet

  • Mignardises
  • Candied Dried Pineapple, Butterscotch

  • Bigarò Rosé Elio Perrone, 2009

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so going to be there for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this another "dress up if you care" dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. formal wear... we'll see if anyone notices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gooood. I'll be coming straight from a formal auction, so I won't have to change! Although that does mean I'll be late...expect me a little after 2100.

    ReplyDelete